The NDIS Commission requires all providers to register to be able to access participants’ NDIS funding. Providers must verify or confirm their eligibility prior to being evaluated for their status as registered providers through the NDIS Commission.
The company, individual, or partner who wants to be registered must possess a few desirable features that will increase the approval success by the Commission.
In this blog, we’ll dissect the five steps to assist you to become an NDIS registered provider.
5-Step Registration Process to Become an NDIS Provider
1. Verify Your Eligibility
- You need to have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Contact the Commission through the number 1800 035 544 or go via the NDIS website to check whether you’re eligible.
- Find the services available on the site and select the one you would like to provide.
- For partnerships or organisations, ensure that the employees are appropriately screened as per the screening process by the National Screening Agency.
- Before proceeding, read up on internal complaints and incident management systems. This is vital and required for your business. Ensure you adhere to the guidelines for behaviour support and report unethical behaviour to the NDIS Commission.
2. Fill Out the Online Application Form
If you’re not sure what policies, procedures, or documents you’ll need, Fronto Advisory‘s skilled staff has helped hundreds of providers across all registration groups to successfully register with the NDIS.
Filling in the online application form requires you to enter your information:
- Contact information
- Details about your company (address structure, address, etc. ), and
After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive an acknowledgment email that contains the document known as the “initial scope of audit”.
3. Get Audited by an Approved Auditor
4. Awaiting Evaluation from the Commission
- Assess the application you have submitted and then evaluate your company’s hierarchy. For instance, senior employees in your organisation such as the CEO, directors, managing directors, etc.
- Read the audit report provided
The decision will be made within three to twelve months after your application. Successful applications will be receive a confirmation detailing:
- List of services you will provide (high or low risks)
- Certificate of registration
- The period of time of the services offered, and
- Rules you must adhere to
5. Advertise and follow the Guidelines
Don’t forget to always ensure that your business is always inline with the NDIS requirements.
Looking for Help with the NDIS registration process in Australia?
Call us today at 1300-504-886 or fill out the form below.