If you are someone looking to enter the home-care industry, you have made the right choice! Navigating and understanding the rules and regulations you need to follow to become a provider can be lengthy and challenging, but you need not worry anymore. We can help make the provider registration process simple for you. Being part of the consulting industry for a very long time has allowed us to help numerous clients with the registration process, and we are willing to do the same for you.
1. Determine the type of services you will provide
- Providing residential care home for the elderly people
- Providing in-home care services to people
If you are planning to open a residential care home, you will provide all types of services that facilitate people’s daily lives. However, if you plan to provide in-home care facilities, your services will be tailored to individual needs- for example, grooming, meal preparation, washing and cleaning, or medical care. You can either provide services through your own employees or through contractors; the ultimate goal must is to ensure the client receives the correct service and support.
2. Apply to the Quality and Safeguards Commission
Once you made up your mind about the type of service you will be providing and prepare all the necessary requirements for your business setup, you need to fill out an application and submit it to the Aged Care Quality and Safeguards Commission. As part of this application, you must provide evidence that you:
- Are a corporation.
- Are able to deliver services that align with the Aged Care Act and its principles.
- Are well-aware of your responsibilities and will give your 100% to fulfil them.
- Have strong financial management plans and will be ready to bear any sudden additional expenses.
- Have employees with no criminal background and skills to provide high-quality services.
If you require assistance with the application process at any stage, please get in touch with us. Our aged care consultants will give their all to ensure you have a seamless and hassle-free registration process.
3. Register on the My Aged Care Portal
- Connect with potential customers
- Receive funding from the Australian government
If any complaints are made on your services, they will be forwarded to the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner. If the number of complaints keeps on increasing, the complaints commissioner will take serious action against your agency. Hence, it is imperative to ensure that the standard of your services is always top-notch.
Looking for assistance?
Are you looking forward to becoming a registered aged care provider, but the process seems lengthy and daunting to you? Rest assured, as we got your back! Being highly specialised in the home care market, our aged care consultants will ensure that you face no barriers and have a seamless registration process.
Following the aged care registration, you can also reach out to us for further assistance. We provide services within several domains, including but not limited to:
- Business setup
- Forms and documents
- Marketing and development strategies
- Delivery systems and procedures
- Staff recruitment, training, and development