There are certain situations where a service company may not require an ABN. Examples include:
- Overseas Suppliers (not operating an enterprise in Australia)
- Anyone under the age of 18 who provides disability-related support and whose payment is not more than $300 per week
- Providers of disability-related products or services that don’t exceed $75 (i.e., apps, books, daily living assistance, etc.).
- People who offer a service to enhance their hobbies or leisure pursuits, such as giving lessons on musical instruments, painting, or even conducting repairs.
If a supplier is exempt, they’ll be required to sign an Exempt Statement for Supplier form.
How to use the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits
With over 2500 priced items within the Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits, it is essential to examine the document and ensure you’re providing the right price. To determine this, search for the category or service which applies to you, and then find the support or service you offer. This will give you the correct hourly cost.
The NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits are updated every year and released each year in June with revised prices which will be in effect from July. The revisions or updates made to Pricing Arrangements or Price Limits reflect any change in costs or market trends. This ensures that the participants have enough funds to avail the services and supports they require.
To access the NDIS Pricing Agreements and Price Limits, visit this link.
Some things to think about when drafting a service agreement include:
- Indicate the general nature of the service to be offered
- Include a list of clearly defined terms and an explanation of any industry-specific jargon you could use
- The kind of support you provide and the Support Category number, and an explanation of the support
- The price of each line item of support
- What are the NDIS participant’s responsibilities are, and what you are responsible for
- Your NDIS number
- The date of commencement and the day of expiration for this service agreement.
- Your ABN number as well as your GST registration status
- The most effective contact information for both the parties
- Define how a modification to this service agreement may be made (e.g., it should be in writing and mutually agreed upon by both parties and approved and annexed to the existing contract)
- Define how the service agreement can be terminated and the notice period that may be required from either side)
- Define the processes for resolving conflicts
- Inform whom this service agreement can be shared with